By Susan B. Gerber
This ebook is a self-teaching advisor to the SPSS for home windows desktop package deal. it truly is designed for use with SPSS model 8.0 and past, even though a few of the techniques also are acceptable to past types of SPSS. This consultant is intensely effortless to keep on with on the grounds that all tactics are defined in a simple, step by step layout. due to its self-instructional nature, the start pupil can learn how to research statistical info with SPSS with no outdoors suggestions. The reader is "walked via" a number of examples that illustrate the way to use the SPSS package deal. the consequences produced by means of SPSS are proven and mentioned in each one program. every one bankruptcy demonstrates statistical strategies and offers excuses that toughen the textual content examples and will be played for additional perform.
Read Online or Download Using SPSS for Windows: Data Analysis and Graphics PDF
Best analysis books
This ebook includes all invited contributions of an interdisciplinary workshop of the UNESCO operating staff on structures research of the eu and North American quarter entitled "Stochastic Phenomena and Chaotic Behaviour in complicated Systems". The assembly used to be held at resort Winterthalerhof in Flattnitz, Karnten, Austria from June 6-10, 1983.
Das Arbeitsbuch Mathematik für Ingenieure richtet sich an Studierende der ingenieurwissenschaftlichen Fachrichtungen. Der erste Band behandelt Lineare Algebra sowie Differential- und Integralrechnung für Funktionen einer und mehrerer Veränderlicher bis hin zu Integralsätzen. Die einzelnen Kapitel sind so aufgebaut, dass nach einer Zusammenstellung der Definitionen und Sätze in ausführlichen Bemerkungen der Stoff ergänzend aufbereitet und erläutert wird.
- Quaternionic Analysis and Elliptic Boundary Value Problems
- The DFT: An Owners' Manual for the Discrete Fourier Transform
- Measurement and Analysis of Blast Fragmentation
- Lectures on Analysis II. Math 502 with homeworks
Additional info for Using SPSS for Windows: Data Analysis and Graphics
4. Click on the variable name for which you wish to have the range ("gastax"), and then click on the right arrow button to move the variable into the Variables box. 5. 5). 6. In the Dispersion box, click on Range. (Notice that the mean, standard deviation, minimum, and maximum boxes are already checked. ) 7. Click on Continue. 8. Click on OK. 1. The variable name appears on the top left of the output, followed by the descriptive statistics. The range, the difference between the maximum gas tax (25¢) and the minimum (4¢), is 21¢.
7. Click on Continue to close this dialog box. 8. Click on OK to close the Frequencies dialog box and execute the procedure. 2. Notice that in addition to the frequency distribution, the output lists the mode of the variable in the statistics box at the top of the output; it is occupation 5. In other words, more students in this sample are public administration majors than any other major. Because this scale does not have ordinal properties, the cumulative percentages are not meaningful. It is also possible to determine the mode of a variable by examining the frequency distribution.
Or, you may want to categorize a discrete or continuous numeric variable into a limited number of groups. For example, your data file may contain ages of 200 individuals, and you wish to group them into young (for your purposes, under age 40), middle (ages 40-64) and old (over 64) categories. You have two options available for recoding variables. You may recode values into the same variable, which eliminates all record of the original values. You also have the option to create a new variable containing the recoded values.