By Joel Lawhead
Over a hundred and forty recipes that will help you flip QGIS from a machine GIS software right into a strong automatic geospatial framework
About This Book
- Use Python and QGIS to create and rework information, produce attractive GIS visualizations, and construct advanced map layouts
- Learn undocumented positive factors of the recent QGIS processing module
- A set of common recipes which could automate the total geospatial workflows by means of connecting Python GIS development blocks into complete processes
Who This booklet Is For
If you're a geospatial analyst who desires to examine extra approximately automating daily GIS initiatives or a programmer who's accountable for construction GIS applications,this ebook is for you. the fast, reusable recipes make thoughts effortless to appreciate. you could construct greater purposes which are effortless to take care of once they are placed together.
What you'll Learn
- Build a library of reusable scripts with ScriptRunner
- Create, import, and edit geospatial info on disk or in memory
- Get to grasp extra approximately dynamic mapping
- Create and upload positive aspects to static maps
- Create a mapbook
- Reproject a vector layer
- Geolocate pictures on a map
- Combine a number of rasters into one image
QGIS Python Programming will educate you ways to write down Python code that works with spatial facts to automate geoprocessing projects in QGIS. it's going to hide themes comparable to querying and modifying vector facts and utilizing raster info. additionally, you will learn how to create, edit, and optimize a vector layer for speedier queries, reproject a vector layer, lessen the variety of vertices in a vector layer with no wasting severe info, and convert a raster to a vector. Following this, you'll stumble upon recipes to help you to compose static maps, create seriously custom-made maps, and upload really good labels and annotations. except this, the e-book also will proportion a couple of information and methods in line with varied facets of QGIS.
Read or Download QGIS Python Programming Cookbook PDF
Similar python books
Approximately This Book
• Simplify layout development implementation utilizing the ability of Python
• every one development is followed with a real-world instance demonstrating its key features
• this is often an easy-to-follow advisor targeting the sensible points of Python layout patterns
Who This e-book Is For
This ebook is for Python programmers with an intermediate historical past and an curiosity in layout styles applied in idiomatic Python. Programmers of alternative languages who're drawn to Python may also reap the benefits of this publication, however it will be larger in the event that they first learn a few introductory fabrics that specify how issues are performed in Python.
What you are going to Learn
• discover manufacturing facility technique and summary manufacturing unit for item creation
• Clone items utilizing the Prototype pattern
• Make incompatible interfaces appropriate utilizing the Adapter pattern
• safe an interface utilizing the Proxy pattern
• opt for an set of rules dynamically utilizing the method pattern
• expand an item with out subclassing utilizing the Decorator pattern
• continue the good judgment decoupled from the UI utilizing the MVC pattern
Python is an object-oriented, scripting language that's utilized in wide selection of different types. In software program engineering, a layout development is a steered technique to a software program layout challenge. even supposing no longer new, layout styles stay one of many most well liked subject matters in software program engineering they usually come as a prepared reference for software program builders to unravel the typical difficulties they face at work.
This publication will take you thru each layout development defined with the aid of real-world examples. the purpose of the booklet is to introduce extra low-level aspect and ideas on the right way to write Pythonic code, not only targeting universal strategies as applied in Java and C++. It comprises small sections on troubleshooting, most sensible practices, method structure, and its layout features. With the aid of this ebook, it is possible for you to to appreciate Python layout development techniques and the framework, in addition to matters and their solution. You'll specialise in all sixteen layout styles which are used to unravel daily difficulties.
Like track and flicks, games are quickly changing into a vital part of our lives. through the years, you’ve yearned for each new gaming console, mastered each one blockbuster inside of weeks after its liberate, and feature even received a neighborhood gaming pageant or . yet in recent years you’ve been spending loads of time brooding about a online game concept of your personal, or are exploring the opportunity of creating a occupation of this brilliant and becoming undefined.
Learn how to construct refined mapping purposes from scratch utilizing Python instruments for geospatial improvement evaluation construct your individual whole and complicated mapping purposes in Python. Walks you thru the method of creating your personal on-line method for viewing and enhancing geospatial info useful, hands-on educational that teaches you all approximately geospatial improvement in Python intimately Geospatial improvement hyperlinks your information to areas at the EarthвЂ™s floor.
A practical begin to Computing with Python allows scholars to fast research computing with no need to exploit loops, variables, and item abstractions in the beginning. Requiring no earlier programming adventure, the e-book attracts on Python’s versatile information kinds and operations in addition to its capability for outlining new services.
- Learning Python: Powerful Object-Oriented Programming (4th Edition)
- Managing Your Biological Data with Python
- Introduction to Programming Concepts with Case Studies in Python
- Python Cookbook (2nd Edition)
- NumPy Cookbook
Additional info for QGIS Python Programming Cookbook
It is not just a project in itself, but the marriage of dozens of open source projects in a single, clean interface. Yet, QGIS packages all this complexity so well that school children, city managers, disease researchers, geologists, and many other professionals wield this powerful software with ease to make decisions that improve life on earth. Almost without exception, the Python API, called PyQGIS, is consistent and predictable. This book covers a lot of ground and pulls together fragmented ideas and documentation scattered throughout the Internet as well as the results of many hours of experimenting at the edges of the PyQGIS API.
Why Subscribe? Simply use your login credentials for immediate access. It is not just a project in itself, but the marriage of dozens of open source projects in a single, clean interface. Yet, QGIS packages all this complexity so well that school children, city managers, disease researchers, geologists, and many other professionals wield this powerful software with ease to make decisions that improve life on earth. Almost without exception, the Python API, called PyQGIS, is consistent and predictable.
It includes recipes to access external web services and build custom map tools. You will learn how to place reference elements on a map as well as design elements such as logos. Chapter 7, Interacting with the User, teaches you how to control QGIS GUI elements created by the underlying Qt framework in order to create interactive input widgets for scripts, plugins, or standalone applications. These recipes target actual tasks that geospatial analysts or programmers encounter on the job. Many of these recipes demonstrate multiple concepts within a single recipe, which you may find useful for a variety of tasks.