By Mark Lutz
Up-to-date for either Python 3.4 and 2.7, this useful pocket consultant is the proper on-the-job fast reference. You’ll locate concise, need-to-know details on Python varieties and statements, targeted process names, integrated services and exceptions, prevalent typical library modules, and different trendy Python instruments. The convenient index allows you to pinpoint precisely what you need.
Written by way of Mark Lutz—widely well-known because the world’s prime Python trainer—Python Pocket Reference is a perfect spouse to O’Reilly’s vintage Python tutorials, Learning Python and Programming Python, additionally written via Mark.
This 5th variation covers:
• integrated item varieties, together with numbers, lists, dictionaries, and more
• Statements and syntax for growing and processing objects
• capabilities and modules for structuring and reusing code
• Python’s object-oriented programming tools
• integrated capabilities, exceptions, and attributes
• targeted operator overloading methods
• regularly occurring ordinary library modules and extensions
• Command-line techniques and improvement tools
• Python idioms and hints
• The Python SQL Database API
Read Online or Download Python Pocket Reference (5th Edition) PDF
Best python books
Approximately This Book
• Simplify layout trend implementation utilizing the facility of Python
• each one development is observed with a real-world instance demonstrating its key features
• this can be an easy-to-follow advisor concentrating on the sensible elements of Python layout patterns
Who This booklet Is For
This booklet is for Python programmers with an intermediate history and an curiosity in layout styles carried out in idiomatic Python. Programmers of different languages who're attracted to Python may also take advantage of this publication, however it will be larger in the event that they first learn a few introductory fabrics that specify how issues are performed in Python.
What you'll Learn
• discover manufacturing unit procedure and summary manufacturing unit for item creation
• Clone gadgets utilizing the Prototype pattern
• Make incompatible interfaces suitable utilizing the Adapter pattern
• safe an interface utilizing the Proxy pattern
• pick out an set of rules dynamically utilizing the tactic pattern
• expand an item with no subclassing utilizing the Decorator pattern
• retain the good judgment decoupled from the UI utilizing the MVC pattern
Python is an object-oriented, scripting language that's utilized in wide variety of different types. In software program engineering, a layout trend is a prompt approach to a software program layout challenge. even though no longer new, layout styles stay one of many preferred subject matters in software program engineering and so they come as a prepared reference for software program builders to unravel the typical difficulties they face at work.
This e-book will take you thru each layout trend defined with assistance from real-world examples. the purpose of the booklet is to introduce extra low-level aspect and ideas on find out how to write Pythonic code, not only targeting universal ideas as applied in Java and C++. It contains small sections on troubleshooting, most sensible practices, approach structure, and its layout facets. With assistance from this publication, it is possible for you to to appreciate Python layout development thoughts and the framework, in addition to matters and their answer. You'll specialize in all sixteen layout styles which are used to unravel daily difficulties.
Like track and films, games are speedily changing into a vital part of our lives. through the years, you’ve yearned for each new gaming console, mastered each one blockbuster inside weeks after its liberate, and feature even received an area gaming pageant or . yet in recent years you’ve been spending loads of time brooding about a video game notion of your personal, or are exploring the opportunity of creating a profession of this bright and growing to be undefined.
Learn how to construct subtle mapping purposes from scratch utilizing Python instruments for geospatial improvement assessment construct your individual entire and complex mapping functions in Python. Walks you thru the method of establishing your personal on-line approach for viewing and enhancing geospatial information useful, hands-on instructional that teaches you all approximately geospatial improvement in Python intimately Geospatial improvement hyperlinks your information to locations at the EarthвЂ™s floor.
A useful begin to Computing with Python permits scholars to quick research computing with no need to exploit loops, variables, and item abstractions in the beginning. Requiring no earlier programming event, the ebook attracts on Python’s versatile facts kinds and operations in addition to its means for outlining new capabilities.
- Mastering Sublime Text
- Making Music with Computers: Creative Programming in Python (Chapman & Hall/CRC Textbooks in Computing)
- Mastering PyCharm
- Building Web Applications with Flask
- Maya Python for Games and Film: A Complete Reference for Maya Python and the Maya Python API
Additional resources for Python Pocket Reference (5th Edition)
X, Unicode strings are written as u'ccc', which cre‐ ates a unicode type object. ) Arbitrary Unicode characters can be written using a special escape sequence, \uHHHH, where HHHH is a four-digit hexadecimal number from 0000 to FFFF. The traditional \xHH escape sequence can also be used, and octal es‐ capes can be used for characters up to +01FF, which is represented by \777. unicode supports both string methods and sequence operations (see Table 3). , the re‐ sult of 'a' + u'bc' is u'abc'). S. ASCII data (and raise an error for non-ASCII characters).
Is*() The is*() Boolean tests work on strings of any length. They test the content of strings for various categories (and always return False for an empty). 0, most of the string-processing functions previously available in the standard string module became avail‐ able as methods of string objects. replace('span', 'spam') But the string method call form is preferred and quicker, and string methods require no module imports. join(iterable). X: use the equivalent string object methods instead. See “The string Mod‐ ule” for this module’s remaining content.
Title() Returns a title-cased version of the string: words start with uppercase characters; all remaining cased characters are lowercase. is*() The is*() Boolean tests work on strings of any length. They test the content of strings for various categories (and always return False for an empty). 0, most of the string-processing functions previously available in the standard string module became avail‐ able as methods of string objects. replace('span', 'spam') But the string method call form is preferred and quicker, and string methods require no module imports.