Content material: Lindman, B. and Wennerström, H. Micelles. Amphiphile aggression in aqueous answer. -- Eicke, H.-F. Surfactants in nonpolar solvents. Aggregation and micellization
Read or Download Micelles PDF
Similar chemistry books
This moment quantity of the sequence 'Reviews in Computational Chemistry' explores new purposes, new methodologies, and new views. the themes coated contain conformational research, protein folding, strength box parameterizations, hydrogen bonding, cost distributions, electrostatic potentials, digital spectroscopy, molecular estate correlations, and the computational chemistry literature.
The Ebro is a customary Mediterranean river characterised by means of seasonal low flows and severe flush results, with vital agricultural and commercial job that has prompted heavy infection difficulties. This quantity offers with soil-sediment-groundwater similar matters within the Ebro river basin and summarizes the consequences generated in the ecu Union-funded venture AquaTerra.
In keeping with a symposium backed by way of the department of natural Coatings and Plastics Chemistry on the 181st assembly of the yankee Chemical Society, Atlanta, Ga. , Mar. 30-31, 1981. content material: views in bioactive polymers / Charles G. Gebelein and Charles E. Carraher, Jr. -- organic actions of metal-containing polymers / Charles E.
- 9th Congress on Electronic Structure: Principles and Applications (ESPA 2014): A Conference Selection from Theoretical Chemistry Accounts (Highlights in Theoretical Chemistry)
- Non-Covalent Multi-Porphyrin Assemblies
- Electronic Properties of Inorganic and Organic Semiconductors and Their Application to National Security Needs
- Chemical Micro Process Engineering: Processing and Plants by Volker Hessel (2005-04-15)
- Organosulfur Chemistry I
Additional resources for Micelles
25) where XA is the mole fraction of the additive. This relation has, for example, been experimentally verified with alkyl alcohols as the additive 2) (cf. Fig. 7). Measurements of thermodynamic parameters can provide important information on the chemical nature of the solubilization process. The partial molar volumes of a hydrocarbon in a micellar solution is very similar to the value obtained for a hydrocarbon phase, and differs significantly from that obtained in water 39' 183). This gives strong support to the notion that the interior of the micelles is hydrocarbon-like.
Although the micelles and the surrounding solution form a single phase, the amphiphile association shows a cooperativity that makes an analogy with a phase transition useful. Within this model, the CMC is the concentration at which the system enters a two phase region; the two pseudophases formed being the aqueous system and the micelles. The phase separation model is particularly useful for describing the amount of micellized amphiphile and how molecular properties vary with amphiphile concentration.
Mean radius of gyration plotted versus the mean hydrodynamic radius for different micelle shapes according to theoretical predictions (solid lines). 6 M NaC1. (From Ref. 5 [NaCl],mol/[ Fig. 3. The mean aggregation number of SDS micelles according to luminescence quenching studies plotted as a function of the NaCI concentration. 070 M. 203)) (cf. above) and suggest that the QLS method has considerable disadvantages in the absence of added salt. Another interesting method for determining micelle aggregation numbers, in which luminescence quenching provides a "count" of the number of micelles, was recently applied to SDS 203) While for the small micelles, there is agreement between different methods, the luminescence (Fig.