By Cyrille Rossant
Learn IPython for interactive Python programming, high-performance numerical computing, and information visualization.
• a realistic step by step instructional that allows you to assist you to interchange the Python console with the strong IPython command-line interface;
• Use the IPython laptop to modernize how you have interaction with Python;
• practice hugely effective computations with NumPy and Pandas;
• Optimize your code utilizing parallel computing and Cython.
You already use Python as a scripting language, yet do you know it's also more and more used for clinical computing and knowledge research? Interactive programming is vital in such exploratory projects and IPython is the ideal instrument for that. as soon as you’ve learnt it, you won't be capable of stay with out it.
Learning IPython for Interactive Computing and information Visualization is a realistic, hands-on, example-driven instructional to significantly enhance your productiveness in the course of interactive Python periods, and indicates you ways to successfully use IPython for interactive computing and knowledge analysis.
This ebook covers all elements of IPython, from the hugely robust interactive Python console to the numerical and visualization gains which are typically linked to IPython.
You will find out how IPython allows you to practice effective vectorized computations, via examples masking numerical simulations with NumPy, facts research with Pandas, and visualization with Matplotlib. additionally, you will realize how IPython will be with ease used to optimize your code utilizing parallel computing and dynamic compilation in C with Cython.
Learning IPython for Interactive Computing and knowledge Visualization will let you optimize your productiveness in interactive Python sessions.
What you'll study from this book
• Debug your code from the IPython console;
• Benchmark and profile your code from IPython;
• practice effective vectorized computations with NumPy;
• study facts tables with Pandas;
• Create visualizations with Matplotlib;
• Parallelize your code simply with IPython;
• customise IPython and create your individual magic commands;
• speed up your Python code utilizing dynamic C compilation with Cython.
A useful hands-on advisor which specializes in interactive programming, numerical computing, and knowledge research with IPython.
Who this ebook is written for
This ebook is for Python builders who use Python as a scripting language or for software program improvement, and have an interest in studying IPython for expanding their productiveness in the course of interactive periods within the console.
Knowledge of Python is needed, while no wisdom of IPython is necessary.
Read Online or Download Learning IPython for Interactive Computing and Data Visualization PDF
Similar python books
Approximately This Book
• Simplify layout development implementation utilizing the facility of Python
• every one development is followed with a real-world instance demonstrating its key features
• this is often an easy-to-follow consultant concentrating on the sensible elements of Python layout patterns
Who This booklet Is For
This booklet is for Python programmers with an intermediate heritage and an curiosity in layout styles carried out in idiomatic Python. Programmers of alternative languages who're attracted to Python may also make the most of this publication, however it will be greater in the event that they first learn a few introductory fabrics that designate how issues are performed in Python.
What you are going to Learn
• discover manufacturing unit technique and summary manufacturing facility for item creation
• Clone gadgets utilizing the Prototype pattern
• Make incompatible interfaces suitable utilizing the Adapter pattern
• safe an interface utilizing the Proxy pattern
• decide on an set of rules dynamically utilizing the tactic pattern
• expand an item with out subclassing utilizing the Decorator pattern
• continue the common sense decoupled from the UI utilizing the MVC pattern
Python is an object-oriented, scripting language that's utilized in wide variety of different types. In software program engineering, a layout development is a steered way to a software program layout challenge. even though now not new, layout styles stay one of many most well-liked themes in software program engineering they usually come as a prepared reference for software program builders to resolve the typical difficulties they face at work.
This ebook will take you thru each layout development defined with assistance from real-world examples. the purpose of the ebook is to introduce extra low-level aspect and ideas on the best way to write Pythonic code, not only concentrating on universal recommendations as carried out in Java and C++. It comprises small sections on troubleshooting, most sensible practices, process structure, and its layout features. With assistance from this publication, it is possible for you to to appreciate Python layout development ideas and the framework, in addition to concerns and their solution. You'll concentrate on all sixteen layout styles which are used to resolve daily difficulties.
Like tune and films, games are swiftly turning into a vital part of our lives. through the years, you’ve yearned for each new gaming console, mastered each one blockbuster inside weeks after its liberate, and feature even gained an area gaming pageant or . yet in recent years you’ve been spending loads of time pondering a video game thought of your personal, or are exploring the opportunity of creating a profession of this brilliant and transforming into undefined.
Discover ways to construct subtle mapping purposes from scratch utilizing Python instruments for geospatial improvement review construct your personal whole and complicated mapping functions in Python. Walks you thru the method of establishing your individual on-line approach for viewing and modifying geospatial information functional, hands-on instructional that teaches you all approximately geospatial improvement in Python intimately Geospatial improvement hyperlinks your facts to locations at the EarthвЂ™s floor.
A useful begin to Computing with Python permits scholars to fast research computing with no need to exploit loops, variables, and item abstractions initially. Requiring no previous programming event, the ebook attracts on Python’s versatile facts forms and operations in addition to its means for outlining new services.
- web2py Application Development Cookbook
- Python for web application
- Python for Data Analysis: Data Wrangling with Pandas, NumPy, and IPython
- Practical Computer Vision with SimpleCV: The Simple Way to Make Technology See
- Data Structures and Algorithms in Python
- Web Scraping with Python: Collecting Data from the Modern Web
Additional resources for Learning IPython for Interactive Computing and Data Visualization
Since all three prices are increasing, the is_increasing_trend method should return True. To make this test pass, we need to first add support for storing price history. In the initializer, let us replace the price attribute with a price_history list. price_history =  [ 30 ] Chapter 2 After making this change, all the tests will now fail, including the ones that were passing before. Only after we complete a few steps will we be able to have the tests pass again. When tests are passing, we can constantly run the tests to make sure we aren't breaking any functionality with our changes.
It checks that its parameter is None. If the parameter is not None, it raises an AssertionError and fails the test. Otherwise, execution continues to the next line. Since that is the last line of the method, the test completes and is marked as a pass. 6. The last segment checks if the module was executed directly from the command line. main() function. This function will scan the current file for all tests and execute them. The reason we need to wrap this function call inside the conditional is because this part does not get executed if the module is imported into another file.
Remember to put the @classmethod decorator on the setupClass method. exchange. [ 36 ] Chapter 2 Otherwise, the tests are simply a matter of constructing a rule and checking the matches method. A (very) quick primer on decorators Decorators are functions that take a function as an input and return another function as an output. Python has a shorthand syntax by which we can say @decorator above a function or method and it will apply the decorator to that function. For more details, check the python documentation or a tutorial.