By Debaprasad Das
An substitute to Copper-Based Interconnect Technology
With a rise famous for extra circuit elements on a unmarried chip, there's a starting to be desire for nanoelectronic units and their interconnects (a actual connecting medium made from skinny steel motion pictures among a number of electric nodes in a semiconducting chip that transmit signs from one element to a different with none distortion). Carbon Nanotube and Graphene Nanoribbon Interconnects explores new very important carbon nanomaterials, carbon nanotube (CNT) and graphene nanoribbon (GNR), and compares them with that of copper-based interconnects. those nanomaterials convey nearly 1,000 occasions extra current-carrying potential and considerably larger suggest unfastened course than copper. because of their notable houses, CNT and GNR may quickly substitute conventional copper interconnects. devoted to proving their merits, this ebook covers the fundamental idea of CNT and GNR, and offers a finished research of the CNT- and GNR-based VLSI interconnects at nanometric dimensions.
Explore the capability purposes of CNT and Graphene for VLSI Circuits
The publication begins with a quick creation of carbon nanomaterials, discusses the most recent learn, and information the modeling and research of CNT and GNR interconnects. It additionally describes undefined, thermal, and mechanical homes, and structural habit of those fabrics. moreover, it chronicles the development of those primary houses, explores attainable engineering functions and development applied sciences, and considers functions for CNT and GNR except their use in VLSI circuits.
Comprising 8 chapters this text:
- Covers the fundamentals of carbon nanotube and graphene nanoribbon
- Discusses the expansion and characterization of carbon nanotube and graphene nanoribbon
- Presents the modeling of CNT and GNR as destiny VLSI interconnects
- Examines the applicability of CNT and GNR by way of numerous research works
- Addresses the timing and frequency reaction of the CNT and GNR interconnects
- Explores the sign integrity research for CNT and GNR interconnects
- Models and analyzes the applicability of CNT and GNR as strength interconnects
- Considers the destiny scope of CNT and GNR
Beneficial to VLSI designers operating during this region, Carbon Nanotube and Graphene Nanoribbon Interconnects offers a whole knowing of carbon-based fabrics and interconnect expertise, and equips the reader with adequate wisdom concerning the destiny scope of analysis and improvement for this rising topic.