By Debaprasad Das
An substitute to Copper-Based Interconnect Technology
With a rise famous for extra circuit elements on a unmarried chip, there's a starting to be desire for nanoelectronic units and their interconnects (a actual connecting medium made from skinny steel motion pictures among a number of electric nodes in a semiconducting chip that transmit signs from one element to a different with none distortion). Carbon Nanotube and Graphene Nanoribbon Interconnects explores new very important carbon nanomaterials, carbon nanotube (CNT) and graphene nanoribbon (GNR), and compares them with that of copper-based interconnects. those nanomaterials convey nearly 1,000 occasions extra current-carrying potential and considerably larger suggest unfastened course than copper. because of their notable houses, CNT and GNR may quickly substitute conventional copper interconnects. devoted to proving their merits, this ebook covers the fundamental idea of CNT and GNR, and offers a finished research of the CNT- and GNR-based VLSI interconnects at nanometric dimensions.
Explore the capability purposes of CNT and Graphene for VLSI Circuits
The publication begins with a quick creation of carbon nanomaterials, discusses the most recent learn, and information the modeling and research of CNT and GNR interconnects. It additionally describes undefined, thermal, and mechanical homes, and structural habit of those fabrics. moreover, it chronicles the development of those primary houses, explores attainable engineering functions and development applied sciences, and considers functions for CNT and GNR except their use in VLSI circuits.
Comprising 8 chapters this text:
- Covers the fundamentals of carbon nanotube and graphene nanoribbon
- Discusses the expansion and characterization of carbon nanotube and graphene nanoribbon
- Presents the modeling of CNT and GNR as destiny VLSI interconnects
- Examines the applicability of CNT and GNR by way of numerous research works
- Addresses the timing and frequency reaction of the CNT and GNR interconnects
- Explores the sign integrity research for CNT and GNR interconnects
- Models and analyzes the applicability of CNT and GNR as strength interconnects
- Considers the destiny scope of CNT and GNR
Beneficial to VLSI designers operating during this region, Carbon Nanotube and Graphene Nanoribbon Interconnects offers a whole knowing of carbon-based fabrics and interconnect expertise, and equips the reader with adequate wisdom concerning the destiny scope of analysis and improvement for this rising topic.
Read Online or Download Carbon nanotube and graphene nanoribbon interconnects PDF
Similar design books
This booklet provides the built-in strategy of study and optimum layout of constructions. This process, that's more straightforward than the so-called nested process, has the trouble of producing a wide optimization challenge. to beat this challenge a technique of decomposition by way of multilevel is built.
This e-book addresses the real actual phenomenon of floor Plasmon Resonance or floor Plasmon Polaritons in skinny steel motion pictures, a phenomenon that's exploited within the layout of a giant number of physico-chemical optical sensors. during this remedy, an important fabrics features for layout and optimization of SPR sensors are investigated and defined intimately.
Multifunctional Polymeric Nanocomposites in accordance with Cellulosic Reinforcements introduces the leading edge functions of polymeric fabrics in keeping with nanocellulose, and covers extraction equipment, functionalization ways, and meeting how you can permit those purposes. The e-book offers the state of the art of this novel nano-filler and the way it allows new purposes in lots of diverse sectors, past latest items.
- Real-Time UNIX® Systems: Design and Application Guide (The Springer International Series in Engineering and Computer Science)
- 2008 Special Design Provisions for Wind and Seismic Standard (ANSI AF&PA SDPWS-08)
- Process Piping Design Handbook, Volume 2 - Advanced Piping Design
- Circuit and Interconnect Design for RF and High Bit-Rate Applications
- Foundation Game Design with ActionScript 3.0
- Seismic Design of RC Buildings: Theory and Practice
Additional info for Carbon nanotube and graphene nanoribbon interconnects
3. 34 nm, which is the van der Waals gap. 3 MWCNT over a ground plane. Dmax 22 Carbon Nanotube and Graphene Nanoribbon Interconnects The circuit model of MWCNTs is much more complex than the traditional RLC distributed interconnect model. Each shell in MWCNTs have different parameters and there are couplings between neighboring shells. 425 The ratio Dmin/Dmax is assumed to be approximately 1/2, in the modeling works  and . The same is supported by the experimental work in . 10) 2δ ⎢⎣ ⎥⎦ where Integer indicates that only the integer part is taken into account.
The interconnect is assumed to have dimensions according to the specifications in International Technology Roadmap for Semiconductors (ITRS)  for 16-nm technology node. 9 shows the schematic diagram of an interconnect model  with a driver and a load at both ends of the interconnect. , where λ is the MFP of electron in GNR. 8 Multilayer GNR structure. 9 Schematic of the RLC interconnect model of GNR interconnect. 6 × 10−19 C) It is assumed that λ is equal to 1 µm . l. 38) hvF where vF is the Fermi velocity = 8 × 105 m/s for GNR .
Yu et al.  experimentally demonstrated stacked multilayer graphene (s-MLG) to be a new material system for high-performance carbon interconnects. They showed that the wire sheet resistance of s-MLG decreases with more layers stacking and shows better conductivity than that of the exfoliated MLG sample with the same layer numbers. Lee et al.  fabricated graphene wires from large-area MLG sheets grown by CVD. The average thickness of multilayer graphene sheets was 10–20 nm with sheet resistances between 500 and 1000 Ω/sq.